Resume & Qualifications
Mr. Beau N. Beadel
December 2014 – Present
The Computer Tutor & Virtual Assistant
Computer Tutoring/Consulting & Personal/Virtual Administrative Services
• Basic and Advanced Computer Tutoring in setting up Email, Internet, Wireless Connectivity, MS Office Applications, MS OS, MAC OSX, Facebook, iTunes, Downloading/Uploading images & music to
and from the PC/MAC, iPhone or Android, and iPad
• Virtual and Personal Assistant services (Administrative, Web Design/Maintenance, Bookkeeping)
August 2012 – November 2014
University of Hawaii—Leeward Community College Campus, 96-045 Ala Ike, Pearl City, HI 96782
Instructor of Business Technology
• Taught online/hybrid/face-to-face and developed Business Technology courses of 15 credits for each of Leeward CC’s main terms to include: Business English, Business Calculations, Business
Computer Systems, Records and Information Management, Introduction to Social Media, Managing the Virtual Office Assistant and Legal Office Terminology and Procedures.
• Wrote two Perkins Grants and awarded the following:
o Introduction to Social Media: $48k awarded for the development of a new course for both online, hybrid and face-to-face delivery.
o Virtual Office Assistant Certificate: $58k awarded for the development of new certificate of achievement program and collaborated with the other campuses across the Hawaiian Island chain to
offer the certificate system wide.
• Collaborated with the Health Information Technology (HIT) program in developing the Records and Information Management course for HIT students.
• Served on Career and Job Fair Committee, Commencement Exercises Committee, and the Business Technology Program Coordinating Committee.
• Advised and recruited students in admissions, enrollment, and career choices aligned with the objectives of the Business Technology and Health Information Technology various certificate and
AA/AAS degree programs.
June 2008 – August 2012
Carbide Tools for Industry, Inc., 1623 S. Minnie Street, Santa Ana, CA 92707
Manager of Marketing & Information Technology
• Managed a staff of four employees.
• Reviewed, analyzed and assessed Web-based marketing trends for this tool and abrasive manufacturing company, Created and implemented a marketing plan, and Created marketing materials utilizing
Adobe Master Suite CS3 software (InDesign, Photoshop, and Fireworks)
• Developed, designed and implemented an e-commerce Web site known as www.burrs4less.com and www.abrasivesaver.com utilizing Dreamweaver, MS Visual Basic, Flash, HTML, Java Scripting, PHP, and
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tools.
• Researched, wrote and published a manuscript “All About Burrs” retrievable at: http://industry.roundcircle.eu/2009/06/10/all-about-burrs/
February 2001- June 2008
Broward College, North Campus, 1000 Coconut Creek Blvd., Coconut Creek, FL 33306
Assistant Professor and Program Manager of Office Systems Technology (OST)
• Taught online/hybrid/face-to-face and developed OST and Computer Science courses of 15 credits for each of BCC's main terms to include: Computer Applications, Info Word Processing, Records
& Information Management, Business Math, Business English, Database Management, Desktop Publishing, Computer Concepts, Telecommunications, Windows Graphics, Business Communication, Web Design,
and Survey of Programming Languages.
• Developed, designed and delivered online and hybrid courses utilizing WebCT and Blackboard.
• Developed and published a group/team rubric for the online environment; retrievable at:
• Program Manager of OST: Managed Florida mandated curriculum reviews and chaired advisory committee; recruitment and management of adjunct instructors.
• Chaired and served on the Student First Year Experience Committee, Enrollment Services Committee, Accreditation Committee, Computer Technology Advisory Committee, Instructional Technology
Committee, General Education Committee, and various Employment Selection Committees.
• Faculty Instructional Technology Training/Mentor Associate: Trained and supported faculty college wide in developing and delivering online/hybrid courses in Business, English, Social Sciences,
Computer Science, and Health Sciences.
• Networked with local colleges and implemented a Bachelor's Degree transfer program with Devry University.
• Advised and recruited students in admissions, enrollment, and career choices aligned with the objectives of the Office Systems Technology and Computer Science various certificate and AA/AS/AAS
February 2001-June 2002
Managed the Institutional Self-Study office in the process of reaffirming the accreditation requirements of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Accomplished and received
accreditation June 2002.
January 1992- February 2001
US Merchant Services, Inc., 1492 Holly Heights Drive, Suite 23, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33304
Director of Information Systems & Systems Trainer
• Corporate Trainer of computerized field Systems and business applications.
• Supervisor of the computer technician team.
• Installed, configured, upgraded, troubleshooting and repairing of microcomputers.
• Planned, designed, installed, configured and managed LAN/WAN in the Florida and California locations.
• Hardware Domains: Installing and configuring network cards (NIC), Cabling (Coaxial, Fiber Optic, RS-232, Ethernet, 10/100 NIC and 100Base TX cabling and Wireless networks).
• PC/MAC & Network Software/OS Domains: Installing and configuring FAT 16 & 32 partitioning, Windows 95/98, NT, 2000 Server, XP, Vista, OSX, TCP/IP, FTP, NetBEUI protocol
1985 – 1992
Wells Fargo Bank, Bank of California, Barclays Bank, and Bank of Newport: Orange County, CA
Consumer Lending Officer, Operations Manager, Vault Teller, New Account Representative
• Core business development, opening/closing DDA/SAV, CDs, MMA, and merchant credit card accounts.
• Responsible for analysis and underwriting of consumer loans. Managed bank budgetary and accounting functions to ensure compliance with FDIC and efficiency in maintaining branch audit
Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
Master of Science Degree in Management Information Systems - 2001
California State University, Fullerton
Bachelor of Arts Degree in Speech Communication - 1992
Orange Coast College, Costa Mesa, CA
Associate of Arts Degree in Liberal Studies - 1990
December 2011: MCTS/MCITP for SQL Server 2008
Developer/Administrator MS Courses Achieved: 2778-Programming TSQL, 6232-Implementing SQL Server 2008,
6231-Maintaining SQL Server 2008
June 8, 2000: COMPTIA -- A+ , Network + Certifications CompTIA ID No. COMP10298902 Verification No. ee2dtt1058
MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access), MS Windows Server 2003, MS SQL Server 2008, MS Project, MS FrontPage, Visual Basic, Visual Studio Premiere, HTML developing &
programming, Java developing and programming, XML, PHP, and Adobe Creative Suite CS4 (Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks, Photoshop, InDesign)
References on Request